[Server-devel] Daily Reporting on traffic and DHCP leases

Anna aschoolf at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 22:47:38 EDT 2010

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 9:02 PM, Juan G. Narvaez <gnrvzsix at gmail.com> wrote:

> Wow! This is very useful!
>
> I was thinking on how to generate a networking report a few days ago...
> tomorrow i will start to the implementation
>
> Thank you very much!!!
>
> J. Guillermo Narváez
> OLPC XS Implementation Team - La Rioja | Argentina

I hope it works out for you.  And I'm really happy if this was helpful.  Let
me know how it turns out.

Forgot to mention, vnstat requires a little bit of config.  First,
initialize the database for the two cards:

vnstat -u -i eth0
vnstat -u -i eth1

Then put this in crontab so vnstat will gather the required data.

 */5 * * * * vnstat -u

Anna Schoolfield
Birmingham