[Server-devel] WWWOFFLE Cache Size and Location

Andra DuPont andradupont at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 13:57:49 EDT 2010

I have noted that in the current kickstart implementation of XS, the ks.config file sets
aside the bulk of the hard disk space to a mapped volume where /library is located, and
8 GB of hard disk space for the root directory. I am using WWWOFFLE for web caching,
and its caching is on the root directory. I am not sure about redirecting it to the /library
directory, because I'm not fully aware of wwwoffle's workings.

My question is this: Is there any problem with changing the ks.config file to allocated
say 40GB of my 500 GB disk to the root, in order to give more space for web caching?

A related question: Why is the /library mapped to a separate disk space rather than
leaving it on the root directory?

The ks.config line I am using is:

	part / --fstype ext3 --size=2048 --maxsize=40960 --grow --ondisk=sda

Thanks,
Andy