[Server-devel] eth0 Issue on Acer Aspire One

Andra DuPont andradupont at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 22:02:34 EDT 2010

I am considering using an Acer Aspire One as an XS. I have installed XS 0.6, but I'm having trouble with the wired ethernet port. It is not recognized as eth0. If I plug in a USB to Ethernet converter it is recognized as eth0 but there is no eth1.

Is this an issue of drivers for the ethernet port on the Aspire?

With the USB converter unplugged,

# ethtool -i eth0 says No such device.

Any thoughts on how to trouble shoot this. I am considering getting a second USB to Ethernet converter and using both to get eth0 and eth1.

Andy