[Server-devel] Public folders

Andra DuPont andradupont at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 17:08:37 EDT 2010

On Apr 6, 2010, at 4:50 PM, David Leeming wrote:

> Andra,
>
> Have you added a new conf file, to declare the folders public?

Yes, I followed Tim's note and named my conf file xs-library-public.conf
as I noted in my last email.

I don't think the name of the conf file matters, as any .conf file placed
in the /etc/httpd/conf.d directory gets appended to the main configuration.

> Use nano or other text editer to create a file html.conf in
> /etc/httpd/conf.d/ and add the below, with a new entry for each alias. It's
> case sensitive remember.
>
> Then the below should be available at http://schoolserver/MyFolders

What do you mean by "the below should be available"? Do you mean
the files in the /library/public directory should be availalble (that is
what I was expecting, but as I mentioned, my browser can't find it.)

I am wondering if I have to do something to tell the server where the
starting level is, because it does not seem to be going to /library/public,
but to some other directory.