[Server-devel] noisy "service dhcpd status"

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 04:08:08 EDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 10:26 AM, Daniel Drake <dsd at laptop.org> wrote:
> Running XS-0.6d, "service dhcpd status" is unusually noisy. It looks
> like it is regenerating the config file every time I check its status.
> Is this intentional?

For now it is. Neither the 'make' based approach or the "remember to
run domain_config" approach are quite doing it for us at the moment.

So we are re-generating the files on each call to the init scripts of
some services. Awkward, and generates some pointless churn on disk.

But less awkward than things breaking, and working through all the
configs that need some level of dynamic updating takes some time
(mainly in testing).

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com