[Server-devel] DNS/dhcp question

Gerald Ardito gerald.ardito at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 08:24:50 EDT 2009

Reuben (and others),

I will try to ask my questions in the most basic way I can think of.

My XS box has two NICs eth0 and eth1.
Eth0 connects to an internet connection, and works just fine (I can ping
yahoo.com, for example).
Eth1 is supposed to connect to the VLAN which has the Access Points.

I was told by my tech guy to use the following settings:
IP range is 10.125.140.0
Give the SchoolServer an IP address of 10.125.140.31,
set up DHCP for a range of 10.125.140.100 - 254.
Subnet mask should be 255.255.248.0

Please tell me how to set this up.

Thanks. Once again, I am trying to deploy 150 machines and this is
important.

Gerald