[Server-devel] Attempting to re-install jabber component of XS without re-installing the entire server

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 04:29:47 EDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 10:20 AM, Daniel Bennett <dantana at gmail.com> wrote:
> Verified
> Verified:  postmaster (pid 2904 2903 2902 2901 2899 2804) is running...
> Verified: just these (4 rows)
> Verified: It continues for 406 rows

All perfect then!

> Given that I'm getting all the same outputs you have included in your email,
> do you think that my hunch from last night (below) might be correct?  If so,
> where do I go next?

To celebrate!
 - Your moodle-instupg.log file now will have new stuff, showing that
Moodle connected to Postgres and created all the relevant tables...
 - Moodle should be working now! :-)

If Moodle is not working now, post the moodle-instupg.log again, and
the verbose log of starting moodle (same procedure as yesterday).

If it is all working now, the missing step was just

   chkconfig --add pgsql-xs

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com