[Server-devel] Backup of user home

Raul Gutierrez Segales rgs at rieder.net.py
Tue Sep 15 10:47:08 EDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-09-15 at 15:59 +0200, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 3:25 PM, Raul Gutierrez Segales
> <rgs at rieder.net.py> wrote:
> > But how will a non-root user be able to read the backup files
> > at /library/users give the following permissions:
>
> Look at the acls for a hint. Apache can already read those files :-)

Interesting! I've been looking at the whole "set nice acls" trick via
incrond and /usr/bin/ds-postprocess.py and I have a question:

Instead of "using acls creatively (via a cronjob)" would you be
accepting a patch for ds-postprocess.py that would allow us to set extra
acls rules in a conf file?

In that way, we can rest assure that acls are encapsulated through one
unique point (which can get additional rules from a conf file). Plus,
our XS upgrade won't break are backup scheme :)

Thanks!
Raúl