[Server-devel] Early F11 XS build

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 05:52:49 EDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 1:17 AM, Jerry Vonau <jvonau at shaw.ca> wrote:
> Is this with anaconda or with your XO image? I've booted F11's anaconda
> that was released on the dvd in my prior testing.

XO image - I'll try tomorrow with the kernel you report as working -
and if that works report a bug against the (newer) one I ended up
getting.

> No, you just need files from /isolinux & /images on the dvd or disc1...
> Doesn't mkusbinstall work anymore?

Frankly I didn't try it with the XS iso, but assumed it'd be the same
as with the F11 DVD. Will try.

Earlier, when preparing the installer for my build machine (which has
no DVD/CD reader), mkusbinstall (running on a F9 host) did not work
for me with the F11 DVD, and I found some instructions that fixed it,
by downloading the netboot iso and placing it in /images.

Maybe there was PEBKAC and/or just a better fix (hints?). I just hope
the instructions for our end users can be simple :-)

> confusing anaconda over method/repo/stage2. Edit the sed replacement
> line replacing method= with repo=, the inner workings are slightly
> different between F9 and F11.

thanks! - I'll fix that :-)

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com