[Server-devel] xs-activation and OS update info

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Sun Oct 25 02:09:48 EDT 2009

Hi,

Here's a patch that makes xs-activation server OS update information
based on what it has available in xs-rsync.

I had to add one significant piece of glue: since the OATS
conversation only deals in terms of version hashes (not version
numbers), the XS needs some extra source of info to know that one
particular OS version is newer than another. I did this by creating
/etc/xs-activation-updates.cfg, a sample configuration file with
explanation is attached. This is code from oatslite which is deployed
in paraguay.

Please consider for inclusion.

Daniel