[Server-devel] Public folders in 0.6

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 07:32:21 EDT 2009

On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 10:22 PM, David Leeming
<david at leeming-consulting.com> wrote:
> Great work XS team!

Thanks!

> I have upgraded 0.5.2 to 0.6 successfully. I want the choice to use Moodle
> or to be able to browse public folders of HTML content. Previously I did
> this by adding a file html.conf to /etc/httpd/conf.d/ and then having a link
> to those folders on the previous default Moodle page “who.php”

IIRC you do have your "content" directory configured via a config file
in /etc/httpd/conf.d/ -- so all we need is a link from Moodle...

 - The "who.php" page won't be displayed anymore. If your users are
registered and you're using a modern-enough Browse, Moodle will
autologin.

 - The first user to autologin successfully gets to be a
'coursecreator' with rights to add content and courses. (See XS
Techniques page for more...) With this XO, you'll see a 'turn editing
on' in the homepage. Switch it on, and use the "add a resource"
dropdown to add the link.

 - If you want to do it moodle-centric, you can host the files in the
"site files" facility.

> Secondly, if I create a course, can I create different formats such as
> weekly, scorm and so on?

Yep, as usual w moodle.

> If I want to access my html content from a Moodle “course” approach, how do
> I add a link to it from the Moodle course (as course creator)? Should I be
> seeing a full range of  normal Moodle edit functions/

Yes. You can hit "turn editing on" and add it on the homepage. I can't
remember the default settings right now, you might need to go to the
homepage settings and enable "has a content section" for this to work.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com