[Server-devel] Public folders in 0.6

David Leeming david at leeming-consulting.com
Sat Oct 17 16:22:13 EDT 2009

Great work XS team!

I just have a few minor issues as I get to know the new release.

I have upgraded 0.5.2 to 0.6 successfully. I want the choice to use Moodle
or to be able to browse public folders of HTML content. Previously I did
this by adding a file html.conf to /etc/httpd/conf.d/ and then having a link
to those folders on the previous default Moodle page "who.php"

What would be the best way to do this with 0.6? At the moment none of the
content we had been using before is accessible because the server locks one
into a Moodle course-centric approach. What if you just want to browse
content?

Secondly, if I create a course, can I create different formats such as
weekly, scorm and so on?

If I want to access my html content from a Moodle "course" approach, how do
I add a link to it from the Moodle course (as course creator)? Should I be
seeing a full range of  normal Moodle edit functions/

David Leeming

Solomon Islands Rural Link

Leeming International Consulting

P.O. Box 652, Honiara, Solomon Islands, South Pacific

Tel: +677 747-6396 (m) +677 24419(h)

http://www.leeming-consulting.com