[Server-devel] CCCS XS deployment

Josh Totoro jtotoro at chartersmi.com
Thu Oct 8 15:23:57 EDT 2009

Hey all,

We currently have 350 xo's on our network and 1 xs server running.

We just purchased 300 more xo's and will purchase 300 more in a month or so.

When I set up the first XS server back in march (0.5.1) there was a lot more info on the Wiki about setting up multiple XS servers in one network.  Does anyone have any of this info available still or does it no longer apply?

Should we set up all XS servers the same way and let them run individually from each other? I am worried about conflicts with using the same name schoolserver.cccs.org, should the next one be schoolserver2.cccs.org or will that prevent things like ejabberd from working.

Should I keep the same release on all XS servers, I am afraid to upgrade the one that is working since it took a big effort to get it running.
If so I will just install 0.5.1 on the new ones as well.

Any help would be appreciated.

Josh Totoro
Charter School Management Inc.
302 E 5th St.
Chester, PA 19013
(610) 447-0400 x329
jtotoro at chartersmi.com
www.chartersmi.com

This e-mail is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only and may contain privileged, confidential, or proprietary information of Chester Community Charter School (CCCS). If you have received this message in error, please e-mail administrator at postmaster at chestercommunitycharter.org, then delete the e-mail and destroy any printed copy. CCCS reserves the right to retain, archive, use and disclose any emails that are sent from or to this email address. Thank you.