[Server-devel] fresh 0.6 install

Tim Moody timmoody at sympatico.ca
Thu Oct 1 14:15:28 EDT 2009

Here are some comments on a fresh install of 0.6d5.  (Some things go by
quickly so it is hard to record them.)

There was a complaint about /var/lib/pgsql/data missing.
There was a complaint about upgrading moodle.
The release notice says 9-0.5.2, but I'm pretty sure is was 0.6d5 and
xs-config on disk is 0.6.0.14.

Says to run network_config and domain_config before dhcp will work.  The box
has 3 nics, but the 2nd one, for attachment to an AP, was not connected at
the time of the install and first boot.

Says no domain so can't start ejabberd.  I take it this is the instruction
at http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XS_Installing_Software to Set the fully
qualified hostname of the machine by editing /etc/sysconfig/network.

I then connected a non-WAN port of the AP to eth1 and rebooted.  Still no
dhcp.  service dhcpd status again tells me to run network_config and
domain_config  (I take it these are the ones in
/etc/sysconfig/olpc-scripts.)  I also tried eth2.

edited /etc/sysconfig/network as indicated.
ran network_config and domain_config  ( though
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XS_Installing_Software says this is not longer
necessary)
this changed HOSTNAME to schoolserver.random.xs.laptop.org, but still no
dhcp; same message about running network_config and domain_config .

rebooted

ejabberd still says domain not yet configured
dhcp still asks me to run network_config and domain_config