[Server-devel] Fresh install of XS 0.6 -- "Moodle is disabled at the moment."

Ben T benjtran at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 21:20:40 EST 2009

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 1:43 AM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 7:13 AM, Ben T <benjtran at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I just did a fresh install of XS 0.6 and now I can't access Moodle.  I
> dug
> > around in the mail archive but couldn't find anything to fix the problem.
> >  Please see details below.
>
> Hi Ben,
>
> Strange -- it should not happen. I had seen it happen with a few
> installs of pre-release versions, but thought it was 100% fixed by the
> time I tagged the release.
>
> Excellent debugging info, BTW. You've narrowed down the field a lot with
> it.

Thanks!  I do software qa.

 - What are your mountpoints? Does /library mount correctly, and does
> /library/pgsql-xs exist & is owned by postgres user? Seems possible
> that the install process created a /library mountpoint that now is not
> being mounted...

[root at schoolserver ~]# df -H
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mountaed on
/dev/sda2 7.3G 1.5G 5.5G 22% /
/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00
33M 4.7M 27M 16% /library
/dev/sda1 104M 16M 83M 16% /boot
tmpfs 264M 0 264M 0% /dev/shm

[root at schoolserver ~]# cd /library/pgsql-xs
[root at schoolserver pgsql-xs]# ls -l
total 2
drwx------ 3 postgres postgres 1024 2009-11-22 13:49 data-8.3

>  - /root/ will contain a couple of logs. Are there any failures noted
> in them? When xs-config gets installed, it should create the pgsql-xs
> directory...

[root at schoolserver ~]# ll
total 36
-rw------- 1 root root  1919 2009-11-22 13:44 anaconda-ks.cfg
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 21706 2009-11-22 13:44 install.log
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  4994 2009-11-22 13:43 install.log.syslog

* install.log doesn't have any error in it, shows that a list of stuff was
installed
* install.log.syslog looks okay too

I did the XS installation twice last night but this same problem occurred.
I'm guessing things got installed but something didn't start up...