[Server-devel] XS Help, please

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon May 18 04:09:27 EDT 2009

On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 11:38 PM, Gerald Ardito <gmanb5 at gmail.com> wrote:

> First, I need to add the second NIC (which I bought today).
> Then, I need to reinstall the server software.
> By default, eth0 should be connected to the outside world/internet.
> Eth1 will set itself up (with no help from me) as the DNS and DHCP server.
> Therefore, the XOs talk to the AP which talk to the XS which assigns IP
> addresses to the XOs.
>
> Is that right?

Sounds right to me too. If you've been fiddling with the configuration, it's
a good idea to reinstall to make sure you've got all the bits in the right
places ;-)

The detection of which NIC is eth0 and which NIC is eth1 sometimes doesn't
agree with what you want. As Jerry points out, if it picked the NICs wrong
you can reverse them with xs-swapnics (followed by a restart).

martin.langhoff at gmail.com