[Server-devel] XS testing for Chinese English & XO

tkkang at nurturingasia.com tkkang at nurturingasia.com
Sun May 17 08:46:38 EDT 2009

Greeting. This is my first message to the list! I am working on getting a XS server working for deployment in China this summer.

Manage to do more testing to see if I could replicate problems I had previously. I can repeat the following with both the chinese and english XOs with a 0.52 XS that has yum updated:

1. User name with space (e.g. tk kang) have problems for the moodle account creation. When I click on the "tk kang" at the moodle interface it say no profile have been created. I check with the moodle admin account and it confirm that an account was not created with the machine serialID

2. When I change back to the normal name of "tkkang" a moodle account is created and works O.K.

3. Hence chinese names (double bytes) will have the same issue as describe above.

4. Have not solved the problem of not chinese character in the ds-restore view. When downloaded to the chinese XOs machine it display the chinese activity normally.

For fun I created  video of the XS bootup and my testing environment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpZBkNWdtIM&feature=channel_page

Cheers and hope to provide more test information as we go along.