[Server-devel] Apache proxy CRCsync & mozilla gsoc project?

Toby Collett thjc at plan9.net.nz
Tue Mar 31 14:32:22 EDT 2009

We are only using 30 bit hashes, so even if it was a perfect hash it is
possible you could get a collision. Having said that our collision space is
only the single web request, so should reduce chances of error.

Toby

2009/4/1 Martin Langhoff <martin.langhoff at gmail.com>

> On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 8:26 PM, Toby Collett <thjc at plan9.net.nz> wrote:
> > There is no error checking in the encoding itself, this is assumed to be
> > taken care in other layers, and we through in a strong hash on the whole
> > file to make sure this is correct.
>
> Is that right? I thought what Rusty was saying re crcsync is that crc
> is strong, even when rolling?
>
> cheers,

>  martin.langhoff at gmail.com
>  martin at laptop.org -- School Server Architect
>  - ask interesting questions

This email is intended for the addressee only and may contain privileged
and/or confidential information