[Server-devel] Gadget on XS

Dave Bauer dave at solutiongrove.com
Tue Mar 31 14:36:03 EDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 2:06 PM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com>wrote:

> 2009/3/31 Dave Bauer <dave at solutiongrove.com>:
> > Next I tried the gadget package
> > http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=1261886 RPM but it
> > required ejabberd package. RPM says this is not installed. (I did install
> > python-twisted which was another requirement of the RPM).
>
> What version of the XS have you got?
>
> If you are running 0.5.2, you should have
> ejabberd-xs-2.0.3-2.fc9.olpc.i386 . The problem is that the
> ejabberd-xs package should say it 'provides:ejabberd' but it doesn't.
> That's a bug on my side.
>
> > Does anyoe have any advice on getting gadget working?

>  - Lie to rpm about the dependency (for now) while I fix the ejabberd-xs
> pkg...?

Ah I see, yeah I can try this and let you know. Conceivable gadget can
coexist with the Moodle/Ejabberd integration you are working on.

We are also contemplating using this as a public collaboration server, so we
are not following the XS recommendations completely.

Dave

>  - Replace ejabberd-xs with a vanilla fedora ejabberd that is at least
> 2.0.3
>
> If you post about your adventures with Gadget, I'll sure be following
> your notes. As most people know, I am a bit hesitant about whether
> Gadget is the right thing for the XS.
>
> cheers,

>  martin.langhoff at gmail.com
>  martin at laptop.org -- School Server Architect