[Server-devel] Gadget on XS

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 14:06:07 EDT 2009

2009/3/31 Dave Bauer <dave at solutiongrove.com>:
> Next I tried the gadget package
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=1261886 RPM but it
> required ejabberd package. RPM says this is not installed. (I did install
> python-twisted which was another requirement of the RPM).

What version of the XS have you got?

If you are running 0.5.2, you should have
ejabberd-xs-2.0.3-2.fc9.olpc.i386 . The problem is that the
ejabberd-xs package should say it 'provides:ejabberd' but it doesn't.
That's a bug on my side.

> Does anyoe have any advice on getting gadget working?

 - Lie to rpm about the dependency (for now) while I fix the ejabberd-xs pkg...?
 - Replace ejabberd-xs with a vanilla fedora ejabberd that is at least 2.0.3

If you post about your adventures with Gadget, I'll sure be following
your notes. As most people know, I am a bit hesitant about whether
Gadget is the right thing for the XS.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com