[Server-devel] Wireless Cards in the School Server

Marten Vijn info at martenvijn.nl
Mon Mar 9 14:48:46 EDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-03-09 at 17:51 +0000, Dev Mohanty wrote:

> You could also use the APs in repeater mode with the same SSID, if you're planning to use more then one AP.

no that is no very handy if want some performance, a repeater eats
bandwidth from the AP.

Best for performance
- big antenna's antenna's  (reduces noise from clients)
- channel planning
- ap's in bridging mode (no routing or NAT)

In a classic E.U (U.S.?)
        - a server is in a server room
        - ap is in the class room
        - maybe use PoE (803.af) over your wired network

best,
Marten

--
http://martenvijn.nl  Marten Vijn