[Server-devel] Wireless Cards in the School Server

John Watlington wad at laptop.org
Mon Mar 9 12:54:27 EDT 2009

Unless your school is very small, using dedicated wireless interface
in the server is probably not
a good idea.

We suggest dedicated access points as schools with more than 40 - 50
students will need more
than one access point, and they are best spread out (i.e. not all the
antennas are within three feet
of the school server.)

There is currently no effort in the XS configuration scripts to
recognize and properly configure such
an interface.  That doesn't mean it won't "just work", and I'm sure
it could be made to work with minimal
effort.

As Sameer said, let us know what you decide, and what works for you!

Cheers,
wad