[Server-devel] Serving 400+ students w/ a single central XS - ejabberd nightmare?

Bryan Berry bryan at olenepal.org
Sat Mar 7 05:33:38 EST 2009

We want to support 5-6 schools with a centralized XS. This XS would
connect to the schools by wireless links and support 400+ students. We
are planning on a pretty heavy duty server to handle this load but I am
concerned that 400+ students in the @online@ group will cause havoc w/
ejabberd and the presence service.

Will having 400+ XO's in the same ejabberd roster crash the the XO's
networking stack and ejabberd on the server?

Is there a way to configure individual ejabberd rosters w/out having to
configure each XO individually at each school?

tks

--
Bryan W. Berry
Technology Director