[Server-devel] How to hack/test latest moodle code...

Rangan Srikhanta rangan at laptop.org.au
Thu Mar 5 23:53:39 EST 2009

Martin,

Thank you, these instructions were just what I was looking for!

I have followed your instructions and noted the disappearance of the user
list page which appears just before moodle (which is a great thing), but am
now stuck on the moodle login page where it requests a username/password.
How do I start populating users or at least login to moodle (previously I
selected 'help me login')?

We are hoping to set-up a mock deployment over the next week at our office
using the following configuration:

Two Linksys WRT54GLs configured in WAP mode
One D-Link 5-port Switch
School Server - Compaq CQ2000AN with 1Gb Ram, 160GB SATA disk drive, Intel
Atom processor plus an Ethernet-to-USB adaptor (i.e. eth1), so this means
eth0 goes straight-through to the internet, eth1 to the switch.
180+ XO laptops

Areas we are looking to focus our testing:
1. Registering all XOs to School Server
2. Creating Lesson Plans and registering students to the course
3. Accessing flash based content in moodle and seeing the performance of the
objects
4. Seeing the stability of the neighbourhood and friends view to allow group
chats and games to occur

At this stage we are attempting to strike the balance between the
practicalities of teachers creating and maintaining courses and helping them
achieve their curriculum outcomes.

All the best,

Rangan