[Server-devel] Moodle/Server configuration for static IP external access

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 09:09:04 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 3:03 PM, <tkkang at nurturingasia.com> wrote:

> Now with the a fixed internal IP I am able to map the actual external IP
> with it for external access. Change the apache httpd-xs.conf to listen to
> 192.168.1.30:80 as well as 172.18.0.1:80 Loaded the pafm application and
> external upload and download working well.
>
> I maybe missing something - but have issue of the moodle not displaying the
> graphics and format, etc while login prompt is shown. What aspect of
>  /var/www/moodle/web/config.php or files should I modify for both normal
> external or internal moodle access? I want to open up for external access so
> that the team can play with the moodle to get familar with it.

I can't really recommend that. Moodle and other services should only be in
the internal network. Publishing it in the external network creates security
issues.

If you still want to do it, the best way is to ensure that the "external"
users (external from the PoV of the XS) see the exact same DNS name for the
server. Once you do that, images, forms and links will work.

martin.langhoff at gmail.com