[Server-devel] logging performance

Douglas Bagnall douglas at paradise.net.nz
Thu Jul 16 04:00:30 EDT 2009

Sameer Verma wrote:

> Any suggestions on how to log data on RAM and CPU usage on the XS? I've
> looked at mem.py and top variants, but I want something that logs at x
> intervals to a file that I can pull into a spreadsheet. I have munin running
> on the xs, but it is not fine-grained enough to show variations, say every
> 10 seconds or so.
>
> Suggestions?

I was doing that kind of thing (though not directly to spreadsheet) with
the scripts in http://dev.laptop.org/git/users/dbagnall/ejabberd-tests.git/

/server-scripts/log-ejabberd.sh catches raw data from various sources
while compare.py and graphs.py parse it and make pictures and so forth.
 It is fairly task specific, but might be hackable into useful form.

Douglas