[Server-devel] Update on Registering SoaS

Caroline Meeks caroline at solutiongrove.com
Tue Jul 7 22:33:19 EDT 2009

Hi Martin,

Just so we have two threads and we don;t get it confused with the GPA work,
where we are just trying to get collaboration working right now, here is
where I am with testing the SoaS registration code.

On a Sugar stick in my house.

I have successfully registered with one of Solution Grove's XS Moodle. :)
I have a backup tab! :)
I don't have any files in my backup tab. :(

The code is also on the Sticks we are using at the GPA but I have not told
any of the kids to click the Register button (which does exist!) yet.

We are working on diagnosing this but I wanted to make sure you were up to
date so you can help us with the GPA collaboration issue which is a higher
priority issue on which we are much more stuck.

Thanks
Caroline

Here is how we did it:

XS Backup Support for SOAS

su -
yum install wget
then
wget
http://www.solutiongrove.com/file-storage/view/Sugar/ds-backup-client-0.8.1-1.olpc3.noarch.rpm=
*http://tinyurl.com/lhchak*
wget http://www.solutiongrove.com/file-storage/view/Sugar%5C/ds-backup.py =
*http://tinyurl.com/nrtceo*
wget
http://www.solutiongrove.com/file-storage/view/Sugar%5C/schoolserver.py= *
http://tinyurl.com/lcamq6*

rpm -i ds-backup-client-0.2.8.1-1.olpc.noarch.rpm
cp ds-backup.py /usr/bin
cp schoolserver.py /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/jarabe/desktop

echo '206.192.23.224 schoolserver.solutiongrove.com schoolserver' >>
/etc/hosts
OR
cd ~
wget http://www.solutiongrove.com/file-storage/view/Sugar/hosts= *