[Server-devel] updates

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 17:08:30 EST 2009

On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 12:19 PM, Jerry Vonau <jvonau at shaw.ca> wrote:
> latest re-roll of anaconda, srpms, rpms and patch used, updated
> mkusbinstall for the XO at:
>
> http://members.shaw.ca/jvonau/pub/anaconda/

That's such good news.

> - finds kickstart file without asking where it is...

Good - does that depend on labelling the partition too? Do we have to
change mkusbinstall to label it appropriately?

> - loader doesn't copy stage2 to RAM

Cool -

> - fix compile error re: MD_NEW_SIZE_BLOCKS(size)
>
> - added support for method=hd:LABEL=XSRepo at the boot prompt
> This allows us not to ask where the install media if the usbdrive is
> labeled as XSRepo and passed the above string.
>
>  - added support for mmc cards (for the XO) in loader. This is
> incomplete, loader now finds the CF card on the XO but is unavailable to
> partition and thus install to it. F10 has the same behavior, I filed BZ#
> 481441. Hope they fix the issue before I have to dig it up....

I've CC'd myself on the bug. The actual number is - BZ 481431 -

> - updated mkusbinstall added the labeling of the usbdrive for the above
> method and creation of /boot/olpc.fth for the XO.

Ah, that's what I was alluding to earlier.

Is it possible to workaround the SD card issue by building an
installer image with an older kernel? From what you said it's a
regression with 2.6.27.x right?

I'm wondering if we can craft a just-installed image that can be dd'd
to SD cards.

I guess I'll explore this tomorrow -- I'm on the road today, so
limited in my hacking ;-)

martin
 martin.langhoff at gmail.com