[Server-devel] Testing XS 0.5.1 Beta

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 06:25:29 EST 2009

2009/1/22 Dave Bauer <dave at solutiongrove.com>:
> I installed a new XS 0.5.1 and it seems to be working as expected.

That's a good start :-)

> I can connect properly to the XS from sugar installed on F10 from the sugar
> packages.

Cool

> I can not connect from my XO laptop. olpc-netstatus shows I am connected to
> the jabber server, but it does not show anyone in the network view.

Just to confirm... (you probably know this, but...)

  - On the server side, you should have created the infamous 'Online'
shared roster...
  - To connect the XO, you have to (1) register it, (2) restart it

What version is running on the XO?

I have several XOs here with 8.2 and they are all connecting and
seeing eachother nicely...

> Looks like the XO itself has some problem with the presence service.
>
> Where should I look to debug this further?

Have you got more XOs to try? I am not sure if the F10 version of
things has been ever tested with a school server and interop with 8.2.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com