[Server-devel] Notes about XS on XO...

Jerry Vonau jvonau at shaw.ca
Thu Jan 8 15:24:45 EST 2009

On Thu, 2009-01-08 at 11:48 -0200, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> Jerry prompted me to think about what's interesting to hack on around
> running XS on the XO... these are somewhat rambling notes...

>  - we need to think about what to do to for handling the /library
> partition - need to think the workflow through for
>   - initialisation
>   - remounting on every boot - the right disk & partition
>   - backup/mirror to a new disk
>   - mirror-and-replace to a new disk

Now things get interesting, /library could be setup as a broken mirror,
one half of a raid 1 set... plug second drive in, add to mirror,
replicate.... If you in the the past have seen DMC's live installer
discussed on the fedora livecd list, that is where I'd like to go...

Think I like it... Since /library will be on an USB disk, /var, /tmp,
and swap should most likely be there also.
I think fstab should be able to handle the setup upon boot.

OK lets backup a second, I'm thinking that the OS could be on a SD
disk/NAND with an external USB harddrive holding most of the write
intensive directories. thoughts?

Jerry