[Server-devel] mkusbinstall enhancements

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 20:47:31 EST 2009

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 8:27 AM, Jerry Vonau <jvonau at shaw.ca> wrote:
> Wow, did I have a fun night for once, sorry for the delay in replying.

:-)

> That should of read --baseurl=file:///mnt/isodir/updates

I am a bit lost -- you do run a bit too fast. Or maybe erlang cooked
my noodle...

> I've uploaded a XSupdates.zip to http://members.shaw.ca/jvonau/pub/0216/
> Just unpack the zip to your usbdrive and add the line in sample.ks to
> the top of the present ks.cfg file on the usbdrive. The installer should
> add the repo into its repo setup routine and be available for the
> install.

Will review. How did you prepare the files? What's the magic?

> This look like it maybe useful to rollout incremental changes to the
> base rpms, instead of installing, then "yum updating" we could packages
> up the newer rpm files for use with this "updates repo" and have them
> installed from the get go. We could add a createrepo routine to
> mkusbinstall to create a blank repo in updates off the bat and leave the
> repo line in the ks.cfg file, should have no ill effects if there is
> nothing present in the repo.

Sounds evil. How about people who burn the iso? Or a deployment that
drives anaconda-over-nfs or similar? If we make mkusbinstall really
smart, we leave behind everyone who isn't using usb ;-)

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com