[Server-devel] @all at ...?

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 20:40:54 EST 2009

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 8:40 AM, Gerald Ardito <gmanb5 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Here is what is now happening:
> 1. I can ping the server from the XOs
> 2. I can ping the XOs from the server
> 3. We updated the DNS server to include our schoolserver hostname.
> 4. The XOs can ping the server using the hostname.

Step 3 makes me suspect you are running the XS in a different network
setup from how it is designed to run. The XS has its own DNS server,
and that is the DNS server the XOs should be looking at.

Are you running the XS in a preexisting existing network? What's your
network topology and where does the XS fit?

If you want to run the XS as part of an existing network, Wad and
Andrew Berkowitz posted notes on how to do it about a year ago.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com