[Server-devel] mkusbinstall enhancements

Jerry Vonau jvonau at shaw.ca
Sat Feb 21 18:24:59 EST 2009

On Thu, 2009-02-19 at 15:02 +1300, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 6:50 AM, Jerry Vonau <jvonau at shaw.ca> wrote:
> >> I need to append "method=hd:LABEL=XSRepo:/iso" to the same line,
> >
> > Can you change this line in the patch from:
> > sed -i -e 's/cdrom:/hd:LABEL=XSRepo:/g'
> > $USBMNT/$SYSLINUXPATH/isolinux.cfg
>
> I folded the second part of your patch (which I had dropped yesterday,
> sorry!) with this change in the sed line.
>
> Actually, I changed the sed line a bit to only add method if it's not
> there. If it's there, we try to replace it if it was method=cdrom. See
>
> http://dev.laptop.org/git?p=projects/xs-livecd;a=commitdiff;h=aae67834bd1f450cf365349dca02968483842535
>
> cheers,

Martin:

The method= part will only work with the patches in my rpm. It fails
when setting up the repos.

I'm testing a work around for missing openssl rpm on usb installs ATM, I
placed the missing rpm in a directory /updates on the usb key. Then I
ran createrepo on that directory, and to the top of the ks.cfg file
added: "repo --name=updates --baseurl=file:///mnt/isodir"

Install is running now, will report back later with results

Jerry