[Server-devel] automatic olpc-update from XS

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Thu Feb 19 16:06:26 EST 2009

2009/2/19 Martin Langhoff <martin.langhoff at gmail.com>:
> On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 1:34 AM, Daniel Drake <dsd at laptop.org> wrote:
>> Which bits did you think were missing?
>
> Quite a few bits. Happy to discuss over the phone or to draft more
> formal notes (that'd take a bit longer).

More formal notes would be good for sharing with others...

I have hit one problem. olpc-update-query expects the response from
the server to be signed by the OLPC private OATS key, so this shoots
down the ability of running an antitheft server anywhere except OLPC.
(unless we modify the client code)

Well, we now have the ability to create a Paraguayan OATS key instead,
but if we want to run this on the XS then it means we have to ship our
private OATS key on all the XSes, which means that it is not very
private.

We could run one central paraguayan antitheft server which the XOs
contact over the internet, but I was hoping to keep everything local.

Any ideas?

Daniel