[Server-devel] mkusbinstall fails -SUCCESS

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 02:48:42 EST 2009

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 8:40 PM, David Leeming
<leeming at pipolfastaem.gov.sb> wrote:
> OK it worked thanks to all of you. You were all right. A combination of
> weird small errors with hardware and sum packages that weren't installed on
> Ubuntu...

Good to hear you found the way to get it started...

> HOWEVER - the installation fails right at the end when performing
> post-installation config - installing bootloader:
>
> An unhandled exception occurred. This is most likely a bug. Please save a

Yes, I've seen this on various hardware. It's not really a hw bug,
it's just some odd incompatibility with the installer sw (anaconda).

Can you get your hands on a USB-CDROM?

If not, the next step to study is starting up the install from that
USB stick, and then telling it it's an NFS-based installation, and
pointing it to an NFS server...

... it's a hard road if you don't have a CDROM... :-/

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com