[Server-devel] mkusbinstall fails -SUCCESS

David Leeming leeming at pipolfastaem.gov.sb
Mon Feb 16 02:40:32 EST 2009

OK it worked thanks to all of you. You were all right. A combination of
weird small errors with hardware and sum packages that weren't installed on
Ubuntu...

Firstly I installed isomd5sum. It now checks the USB...

Despite my earlier attempts, and the fact that the stick was working when I
first tried (with 0.5.0), and that it appeared fine in partition editor,
files visible etc, there WAS a USB hardware problem - a bad fragment that
persisted.

I tried with another USB stick, simply formatted FAT using a Windows machine
which left it already bootable, and YES it all works. No errors with
mkusbinstall and booting up nicely into anaconda etc.

HOWEVER - the installation fails right at the end when performing
post-installation config - installing bootloader:

An unhandled exception occurred. This is most likely a bug. Please save a
copy of the detailed exception and the bug report against anaconda at your
distribution provided bug reporting tool

I think this IS a hardware problem, it is reproducible. Any ideas?

David Leeming
Technical Advisor, People First Network, Honiara, Solomon Islands
Alternative email address: leemingdavid at yahoo.com.au