[Server-devel] stress testing schoolservers...

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 05:53:58 EDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 1:27 AM, Sameer Verma<sverma at sfsu.edu> wrote:
> I have a student who has to work on a graduate project. He has a
> background in using Selenium at Youtube. I'm thinking of getting him

Interesting!

On the XS, we have various things that would be stress-testable.

 - On the web front, Moodle. If he wants to play w Selenium, I can get
him in touch with other ppl who have been working on some Selenium
testing of Moodle -- last I saw, there were a few ad hoc sets of
tests, but nothing formalised.

Note that Selenium is mainly for correctness rather than load testing.

 - Other fronts: ejabberd - search this list for Douglas' posts on the
topic for low-level testing, and search this same list for Caroline's
posts on high level testing...

In terms of what HW to test, XS-on-XO and a machine that roughly
matches the XO-1.5 specs would be what I'd recommend.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com