[Server-devel] Moodle Profile on the XS - Should we just hide that tab completely?

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 07:03:03 EDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 3:10 PM, Caroline
Meeks<caroline at solutiongrove.com> wrote:
> We are using Moodle for backup and I am looking at the UI.  The Profile Tab
> is asking people to put in their Surname and shows a made up email address.

ATM, I am partial to hiding some fields (email,etc). The 'email
address' is also the ejabberd 'login' :-)

I wouldn't skip it completely, OTOH. Going forward, I think it's a
valuable thing to have a profile page.

Now, as of 0.6 it should _not_ be allowing the user to change their
own details. If it does, it's a bug.

> I am also thinking of hiding the Blog tab as its
> not a feature I want to explain or use right now

You can just disable blogs -- . http://docs.moodle.org/en/Blogs -- you
can hardcode that by setting $CFG->bloglevel in config.php (I can't
remember the right value -- probably 0 disables it )

But on the XS, the blog will remain enabled, as the OLPC edu team is
very keen on them. So keen that they want to link to the blogs and a
blog aggregate in the coursepage.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com