[Server-devel] Fwd: Hoping for assistance with XS 0.5 configuration difficulties (ejabberd)

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 13:31:41 EDT 2009

On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 7:23 PM, Reuben K. Caron <reuben at laptop.org> wrote:
> We just can't access the admin inteface at http://192.168.0.162:5280/admin,
> we keep getting 401 unauthorized), read every wiki page that sounded
> remotely relevant, etc.
>
> Where is this IP coming from? How are you changing this?

Good point! Daniel, please, start from the beginning reinstalling the
server from the start, and follow my guide. NO OTHER GUIDE. Also --
skip the optional bits. Stick to the core guide.

> Martin, also note (below) they have one nic.. Can you remind us what the
> default behavior is for one nic?

A single NIC will defaiult to being the WAN NIC (on the assumption
that AAs will be connected). So use xs-swapnics to turn the single NIC
into a LAN port.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com