[Server-devel] ds-backup.py backup_url server check

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 11:15:49 EDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 5:05 PM, Dave Bauer <dave at solutiongrove.com> wrote:
> I looked but I don't see anything that responds to
> http://schoolserver/backup/1

Ummm!

# rpm -ql ds-backup-server
/etc/cron.d/ds-backup-server.conf
/etc/httpd/conf.d/050-ds-backup.conf  <=== Start reading here
/etc/incron.d/ds-backup.conf
/usr/bin/ds-cleanup.py
/usr/bin/ds-cleanup.sh
/usr/bin/ds-postprocess.py
/usr/share/doc/ds-backup-server-0.8.1
/usr/share/doc/ds-backup-server-0.8.1/AUTHORS
/usr/share/doc/ds-backup-server-0.8.1/COPYING
/usr/share/doc/ds-backup-server-0.8.1/README
/var/lib/ds-backup/completion
/var/lib/ds-backup/recentclients
/var/www/ds-backup/backup-available.py
/var/www/ds-backup/ds-restore.php

> Upon further research, i added a print e.code into ds-backup.py I see I am
> getting a 403 unauthorized response from the schoolserver. This is on a
> registered client that can get into moodle using the browse.xo magic cookie.
> I am not clear on how authentication is supposed to work with the ds-backup
> code.

I get the impression that you're experimenting with a custom setup --
Maybe it's a good idea to get a conventional XS + XO setup in
parallel, so you can see how it works when it works, and then you can
compare it with your setup.

Either way -- enable debug on that config file, restart apache and the
apache logs will tell us what's happening.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com