[Server-devel] Collaboration Bugs in today's Olin Play Session

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 15:36:12 EDT 2009

On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 3:53 AM, Caroline Meeks
<caroline at solutiongrove.com> wrote:
> I saw two problems while we were working.
>
> 1. We had two computers next to each A and B.  A could see B but B could not
> see A.  Seemed to stay that way the whole afternoon.

You are posting here so I assume there's an XS involved ;-)

 - version of the XS?
 - version of the client code? XOs with 8.2.1? SoaS - which?
 - were the clients registered & restarted?
 - was @online@ setup on the XS?
 - Any hint as to what protocol the clients were using (salut / gabble)?
 - ejabberdctl has several commands that are useful to figure out what
the jabber server thinks of the situation -- connected-users is one
;-)

> 2. The CPU on the server went up to 99% from 3:10 to 3:40.  Unfortunately
> I'm not sure exactly what we were doing during that time.

Wow. `sar -A` output for that day & timeframe? (sysstat is installed
and set to run on the XS)

...dinner calls ---

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com