[Server-devel] Collaboration Bugs in today's Olin Play Session

Caroline Meeks caroline at solutiongrove.com
Fri Apr 17 21:53:13 EDT 2009

I saw two problems while we were working.

1. We had two computers next to each A and B.  A could see B but B could not
see A.  Seemed to stay that way the whole afternoon.

2. The CPU on the server went up to 99% from 3:10 to 3:40.  Unfortunately
I'm not sure exactly what we were doing during that time.

Overall we had about 6 computers running. We worked with 2 apps: Turtle Art
and FlipSticks. We used collaboration some on both.

Tomorrow we are going to do a play session at the YMCA in Waltham MA.
Hopefully Walter will be able to work around the static IP issue at the Y
tomorrow and either Dave or Patrick can watch the server and send me texts
messages when resource usage shoots up and I can try to catch the problems
in action.

If anyone has ideas about root causes and want me to test them in the lab
tomorrow let me know.

Thanks,
Caroline

--