[Server-devel] tiny_mce Sugar theme

Tarun Pondicherry TarunPondicherry at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 01:05:20 EDT 2008

Hi Martin,

Most of it is self contained in
lib/editor/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/themes/sugar/.

Moodle needs to be hacked a bit to get the image upload to work with it
(avoid the Moodle file dialog).  Basically, there needs to be an
additional file upload script that just uploads the image and then
echo's the url to that file, which the theme will pick up.  The one
EduBlog is currently using is:

http://dev.laptop.org/git?p=projects/EduBlog;a=history;f=moodle/lib/editor/tinymce/uploadimage.php

The " theme_sugar_imageupload" parameter needs to be set when
initializing tinyMCE so that it knows where to find the upload script,
so in the tinyMCE config, this additional line is needed (the script
location may need to be modified):

    theme_sugar_imageupload : "../uploadimage.php",

On my todo list is to push fileupload out of the theme and into a
tinyMCE plugin to make the implementation cleaner.

Write upload would need a bunch of things specific to the EduBlog
server, and is unnecessary for the new builds.

Thanks,
Tarun