[Server-devel] XS_0_4 install

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 18:25:21 EDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 11:04 PM, Tony Anderson <tony_anderson at usa.net> wrote:
> started ejabberd:
>
>  chkconfig --level 345 ejabberd on
>  service ejabberd start
>
> and attempted to register admin:
>
>  ejabberdctl ejabberd register admin schoolserver.schoolnet.gov.np admin
>
> This failed with a message:
>
> RPC failed on the node admin at schoolserver.schoolnet.gov.np: nodedown

That's strange. The procedure is right, perhaps something went wrong
with the domain_config step? Does the /etc/ejabberd/ejabberd.cfg file
show the correct domain?

> The command service ejabberd status gets the same error (on timeout);
> however, ps -aux shows an ejabberd daemon.
>
> I then tried to set up the networks manually:
>
> ifcfg-eth0 was modified to use a static address (192.168.5.44). This seems
> to work ok.

Good.

> ifcfg-eth1 was modified by adding BOOTPROTO=static. This gives an error:
> "Error, some other host already uses 172.18.0.1."

Is that interface connected to anything? Any other host that would be
answering for that ip address? The error you mention is from doing an
'arping'  to the address -

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com