[Server-devel] XS_0_4 install

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Wed Sep 24 07:04:37 EDT 2008

I am trying to install XS_0_4 here. I am following the install procedure
  as closely as possible.

I added:  chown -R xs-sync:xs-sync /library/xs-sync,
then set the domain:

  /etc/sysconfig/olpc-scripts/domain_config schoolnet.gov.np.

started ejabberd:

  chkconfig --level 345 ejabberd on
  service ejabberd start

and attempted to register admin:

  ejabberdctl ejabberd register admin schoolserver.schoolnet.gov.np admin

This failed with a message:

RPC failed on the node admin at schoolserver.schoolnet.gov.np: nodedown

The command service ejabberd status gets the same error (on timeout);
however, ps -aux shows an ejabberd daemon.

I then tried to set up the networks manually:

ifcfg-eth0 was modified to use a static address (192.168.5.44). This
seems to work ok.

ifcfg-eth1 was modified by adding BOOTPROTO=static. This gives an error:
"Error, some other host already uses 172.18.0.1."

So far we have not been able to find a way around either the eth1
problem or the ejabberd problem. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Yours,

Tony