[Server-devel] Revisor / yum oddity: anaconda-runtime

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Fri Sep 19 06:23:25 EDT 2008

Martin Langhoff wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 3:16 AM, Jerry Vonau <jvonau at shaw.ca> wrote:
>> Yea, revisor needs anaconda-runtime,
>> cat /usr/lib/revisor/scripts/F9-buildinstall | grep anaconda
>
> Yes, but from what Jeroen has said, revisor will pull it in to satisfy
> the need at CD build time, without it being listed in the ks file (and
> therefore getting installed on the target system too...)

Revisor for Fedora 9 will not pull any required packages into the
composed tree anymore, and here's why;

F9-buildinstall shipped with Revisor in Fedora 9 takes additional
parameters, which are supposed to represent the repositories used during
the compose of the tree (e.g. Packages/ and repodata/). See the YUM
config file you used for the model in /etc/revisor/conf.d/.

The required packages for buildinstall to run completely have to exist
in these repositories but they would have to exist no matter if Revisor
wanted to pull them in the composed tree or whether buildinstall can
pull them from the repositories directly.

Hence the log-file is of interest to me ;-)

>> Anaconda-runtime needs to exist in the repo that you use for the compose,
>> but doesn't need to be in the kickstart file. Too bad, you have to add
>> anaconda-runtime to the kickstart file, to get the package into the compose
>> repo, in order to use it later in buildinstall.
>
> Well, that's supposed to be true for pungi, not true for revisor.
>
> As far as I understand anyway :-) Jeroen has asked for logs and I'm
> collecting some right now...

Yes, anaconda-runtime needs to exist in the repositories you use. Again
whether Revisor looks to these repositories for required packages, or
whether buildinstall does doesn't matter in this aspect.

However, you should not be required you to add it to the kickstart's
package manifest. Apparently though, since it does work with
anaconda-runtime listed in the package manifest I'm confused because the
package seems to be available from the repositories but buildinstall
can't seem to find it, judging from Martin's earlier message.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip