[Server-devel] offline moodle - patches on a branch in the dev.laptop.org repo...

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 03:11:11 EDT 2008

Hi Tony, list,

haven't had a chance to play much with the code. But I applied your
files on top of the latest 1.9, and tweaked lib/javascript.php in a
way that would be compatible with merging it upstream.

It's here
http://dev.laptop.org/git?p=users/martin/moodle.git;a=commitdiff;h=mdl19-offlinetony

if you clone it, you'll get the whole moodle history -- that's 200MB
-- the good of it is that you get all the history in case you need to
merge or understand the background history of a file. The bad is that
if you are on a very slow link, the initial clone is very slow and
painful.

Some notes after reading your README, and a bit of the code...

The plan overall looks sensible, and I am happy it's working as a
proof-of-concept. Lots of things need polish from what I see :-) The
main one in terms of GG glie is that I guess you're using Greasemonkey
as a temporary workaround until you find out a pure GG-based way to
drive this (as Google Reader does)?