[Server-devel] Libertas firmware on F9 for the XS

Deepak Saxena dsaxena at laptop.org
Fri Sep 12 00:42:04 EDT 2008

On Sep 12 2008, at 14:12, Martin Langhoff was caught saying:
> On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 1:49 PM, Ricardo Carrano <carrano at laptop.org> wrote:
> >> In short, I need an overview of what works and what doesn't with F9
> >> stock kernel and 22.p18. So far:
> >>
> >>  - Deepak mentions issues w/multicast
> >
> > I'm not sure exactly of what we're talking about here. Could you or
> > Deepak clarify what are these issues?
>
> On this same thread, yesterday... Deepak Saxena <dsaxena at laptop.org> wrote:
> > For the XO 8.2 kernel we had to pull forward some patches from the stable
> > 2.6.22 branch that are not upstream to get multicast RX to work properly
> > (#7319).

Some clarifcation. The issue is not the firmware, but the kernel driver
itself as there are pieces from the 2.6.22 driver that never made it
upstream.

My suggestion is to run the same driver and firmware on both XS and XO
so we do not have multiple variables to deal with.

~Deepak

Deepak Saxena - Kernel Developer - dsaxena at laptop.org