[Server-devel] Libertas firmware on F9 for the XS

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 17:25:02 EDT 2008

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 12:24 AM, Ricardo Carrano <carrano at laptop.org> wrote:
> Fedora 9 ships with a 2.6.25 kernel with a new libertas driver.
> Because of the changes implemented in this driver, you should use the
> latest firmware (22.p18). Please, never use 2.6.25 kernel with older
> firmware.

Ok, however...

> The result is the instability you see.

Sorry - I should have been clearer - the instability I was mentioning
was pre-F9 upgrade. I haven't been running a F9 XS with AAs long
enough... until yesterday it was reinstall/reboot/lather/rinse/repeat.

> In short, for everyone:
> Don't use anything different from 22.p14, 22.p17 or 22.p18. In kernel
> 2.6.25 use 22.p18.

Right. It's not that simple however. Before switch to the versions you
recommend I want to have the complete picture *including known bugs*.
Can you help me with that? (That's what my earlier "with my release
manager hat on..." hint was all about :-) ).

In short, I need an overview of what works and what doesn't with F9
stock kernel and 22.p18. So far:

 - Deepak mentions issues w/multicast
 - There are odd bugs with WPA

what else? Michails my best guess is that you'd be the owner for a
"current issues" list like that. Is that correct? What known bugs do I
buy into when I follow Ricardo's advise?

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com