[Server-devel] Work in progress - F9 install ISO

Jerry Vonau jvonau at shaw.ca
Mon Sep 8 01:56:01 EDT 2008

Martin Langhoff wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 6, 2008 at 6:12 AM, Jerry Vonau <jvonau at shaw.ca> wrote:
>> patch to F9's pungi
>> http://members.shaw.ca/jvonau/pub/diet.patch
>
> Cool.
>
> I'm currently using revisor, but only because it knows how to install
> a kickstart file, and it seems I'll have to hack it anyway to get it
> to manipulate the grub menu to my liking.  Do you think you can tweak
> pungi to
>
>  - add the kickstart file we are giving it to the iso as /ks.cfg
> (similar to --include-kickstart)?

think you can do a "post --nochroot" for that in pungi's kickstart file.

>  - add a grub menu item to run with the kickstart file...?

--nochroot should work to copy over custom files.

If that doesn't work well enough
for pungi:

edit pungi.py at:
buildinstall.append(self.topdir)
add above that
buildinstall.append('--updates=/')

That should have /usr/lib/anaconda-runtime on your machine used instead
of the downloaded the rpm. Now you can now edit anything in
anaconda-runtime and pungi *should* use them in the build. Have a look
in anaconda-runtime/boot.

I'll poke around revisor, see what I can mess up ;-)

Jerry